This site features the work of John McQuiston.
Learn more at photoquist.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September Gardens

Photos from trips last week to the Florida Botanical Gardens, USF Botanical Gardens, and Eureka Springs Park. The first set is from Eureka Springs, a small Hillsborough County park near the Vandenberg Airport just north of I-4.



Thanks to insomnia, I woke up early enough one morning to make the roughly hour-long drive to the Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo to get there before 7:30 a.m. It opens at 7 a.m. so you can get the early morning soft light, and dew on some of the flowers. It was worth the trip, though a breeze made it hard at times. Moving plants equal blurry pictures.



After that, I got greedy, took a detour on my way home, and went to the USF Botanical Gardens. I fought the wind again, but clouds helped soften the harsh midday sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Blog Archive