This site features the work of John McQuiston.
Learn more at photoquist.com.

Monday, February 22, 2010

An Hour in Ybor City

I had to drive into Tampa for what turned out to be no reason Sunday afternoon. I thought to bring my camera and stopped in Ybor City on my way home to snap some shots. I got there around 5 p.m. and shot only a few dozen photos.



The guitar player told me he didn't want to be photographed but said it was OK for me to shoot his guitar. That's why no face shots of him. I couldn't choose between the two shots here. The first one shows the lines on the sheet music but the second one is better framed.

And, yes, the train was coming. I wish I had stayed in place for two seconds longer. I would have gotten a better shot but it was probably wise for me to bail out while the train was plenty far away. I can just see cutting it too close, losing my balance and dying for a silly photograph that no one would see anyway.

I also could not decide which of the pizza restaurant shots to include. The second one I brightened the shadowed portion of the frame but I don't know whether that improves the image or not. So I put them both in so you could decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Blog Archive