This site features the work of John McQuiston.
Learn more at photoquist.com.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No Birdies But a Gator and a Puppy

When I play golf, often the only good shots I make are with my camera. I've made it a habit to bring it with me when I play. Warmer weather brought out the alligators that decorate the course's ponds.



A 300mm lens let me get that close. I got within about six feet of it.

More temperate temperatures also brought one of the residents of the housing development that surrounds the course out with his two-month old puppy. The sun was behind the pup and the shutter noise startled it and, short on time before we had to go play the next hole, I didn't take the time to compensate for the lighting issue properly. But I think the cuteness comes through.





A little post production to brighten up the area around her eyes would help. That thing was the cutest little puppy dog maybe ever.

See more of my photography at photoquist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Blog Archive