This site features the work of John McQuiston.
Learn more at photoquist.com.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Old Stray Cat


Most mornings when I get to work, I see this cat. Lawrence, the company's maintenance man, feeds her, as does at least one other person from another company in the building next door. Lawrence told me this morning that the cat was here when the company moved into the building 12 years ago.

That is an incredibly long time for a cat to live outside on its own. Most outdoor cats in the "wild" do not last five years.

She doesn't let me get close to her, but a 500mm lens helped me get some shots that appear relatively close.  The shot above I took Monday. Yesterday, she let me venture closer to her, and I caught some shafts of early morning sunlight as I took more shots. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Blog Archive