This site features the work of John McQuiston.
Learn more at photoquist.com.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sony 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Shots

I did not own a macro lens until six months ago when I bought the Sony 100mm f/2.8 from my brother. He had little use for it, but it has become one of my favorites. I love shooting closeups with a shallow depth of field. The images look almost abstract sometimes.

The first of these I took at John Chesnut Park in Palm Harbor. It has a small butterfly garden. I saw no butterflies that day, but I did see some flowers. The rest I took at Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo. I don't have all the settings in front of me but for most of them I did shoot at f/2.8 for the most shallow depth of field I could get with a Sony A77.

A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on



A photo posted by @photoquist on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Blog Archive